Toddler in Rukungiri electrocuted
The body was taken to Rwakabengo health centre III for postmotem and later carried to the home of the grandmother, one A ...
POLICE | TODDLER | DEATH
RUKUNGIRI - A toddler in Rukungiri district whose mother left home has died after she was allegedly electrocuted.
According to Kigali region police spokesperson Elly Maate, Miracle Ainebyoona, 2, was left home with other children as their mother, Immaculate Ahereza went to attend prayers at a pentecostal church.
The incident, police said, happened on Sunday morning at around 10:30am at Kyomera village in Bugangari sub county Rukungiri district.
'Shortly after the mother left, Miracle moved to a nearby home of a pastor identified as Noah Twijukye where she begun playing with other kids using an electric cable that was being used to fix a bicycle. Power struck her and she died as she was rashed to a nearby clinic,' Maate said.
The body was taken to Rwakabengo health centre III for postmotem and later carried to the home of the grandmother, one Angelious Kesande.