One of the neighbours said that the incident could have happened when the deceased got in contact with a water heater
A 23-year-old woman was on Sunday morning discovered dead following suspected electrocution.
The deceased has been identified as Justine Ninsiima, a resident of Karambo village in Ikamiro parish, Muko sub-county in Rubanda district.
Ninsiima was visiting a friend who in the A2 & Sons building is located in central division, Kabale Municipality.
Neighbours and residents said that they were shocked when they learnt that Ninsiima had perished in such a way.
Gerald Akambasa, one of the neighbours said that the incident could have happened when the deceased got in contact with a water heater that she was using to prepare tea.
"We received a phone call that the deceased was electrocuted and when we reached the room we found that her head and hands had severe burns," he said.
Akambasa said that UMEME officials should carryout massive sensitisation and teach the public how to use electricity gadgets saying that this is the only way such incidences can be avoided.
"It is unfortunate that we have lost such an innocent soul in such a way. We pray that UMEME educates our people on how to avoid such accidents," said Akambasa.
The Kabale district Police commander, Brian Ampeire, said that the Police has started investigating the incident to establish exactly how the deceased was electrocuted.
Ampeire said that the deceased's body was taken to Kabale Regional Referral Hospital for a postmortem.