CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR AWARENESS CREATION FOR A NATIONAL HOSPITAL ACCREDITATION SYSTEM IN UGANDA
PROCUREMENT REFERENCE No.: MOH-UHSSP/SVCs/2011-12/00034
1. This request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared on the UN Development Business online on 16th February 2011.
2. The Government of Uganda has received a Credit from International Development Association towards the cost of Uganda Health Systems Strengthening Project (UHSSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for consultancy services for awareness creation for a National Hospital Accreditation System in Uganda.
3. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
a) Studying efforts and experiences in hospital accreditation in the Region and share experiences with key stakeholders in Uganda.
b) Creating awareness and a common understanding of the accreditation system among key stakeholders in Uganda.
c) Determining the accreditation configuration (structures and processes) for Uganda. A copy of the Terms of Reference for this assignment can be downloaded from the Ministry of Health Website; http://health.go.ug/mohweb
4. The Ministry of Health now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:
a. Experience in carrying out awareness campaigns in the Health Sector.
b. Experience in development of accreditation systems in the Health Sector which must be demonstrated by at least three completed assignments.
c. Work experience as a consulting firm for a minimum of five years.
d. Experience in countries with similar economic conditions to Uganda
e. Availability of qualified and skilled personnel.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004 revised October 2006 and May 2010 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Further information can be obtained at the e address below during office hours from 08:00 to 17:00 hours (Local time).
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below ( in person or by e-mail) by 10:00 am, on Friday 16th March 2012.
The Procurement Specialist,
Uganda Health Systems Strengthening Project
Ministry of Health,
Room C101, Plot 6 Lourdel Road,
Facsimile (fax): 256 -414 -231584
10. The Procurement schedule (subject to minor changes) is as follows:
Dr. Lukwago Asuman
For: PERMANAENT SECRETARY
Ministry of Health