Security has been mounted at the porous border with people entering into the country being screened.
Medics screening people who had gone to attend Empango celebrations in Hoima. Hoima is one of the districts that are on high alert for the Ebola outbreak. Photo by Ismael Kasooha
EBOLA KASESE SCREENING ACENG
The Minister of health Ruth Aceng has confirmed that Uganda has eight suspected cases of Ebola.
Addressing the media on Wednesday afternoon, Aceng said three cases have been confirmed, with one death, while the other seven are under surveillance. She says the dead and the other two confirmed cases are members of the family which travelled to DR Congo a few days ago.
The Minister was addressing the media on the efforts the ministry of health is taking to contain the outbreak of Ebola in Uganda.
A five-year-old boy died on Tuesday evening after he had been admitted and isolated at Bwera Hospital Ebola Treatment Unit.
Security has been mounted at the porous border with people entering into the country being screened. Health officers have also been trained in the preparation of an Ebola outbreak in the country.
The Uganda Red Cross Society has joined the team from the ministry of health try and contain the virus.
Recently the ministry named the following as high-risk districts; Kasese, Kabarole, Ntoroko, Bundibugyo, Bunyangabu, Kisoro, Kampala and Wakiso districts.