TOP
Wednesday,September 19,2018 17:23 PM

Mother and son electrocuted

By Betty Angatai

Added 14th September 2018 04:16 PM

Asuman Nkwanga, an eye witness said the unfortunate incident happened, when the boy was playing with an electric wire that had fallen near their home.

Wires 703x422

Residents blamed Umeme for failing to raise the wires saying that they had became a threat to their lives.

Asuman Nkwanga, an eye witness said the unfortunate incident happened, when the boy was playing with an electric wire that had fallen near their home.

MAYUGE- A  45-year- old  woman and  her son were electrocuted on Thursday afternoon around 3:00pm. The officer in charge of Magamaga police station, Peter Bolekwa, identified the deceased as Madina Nabirye and Hillary Byakika, an eight-year-old boy. 

Nabirye and Byakika  were residents of Donga zone in Mamagama town council, Mayuge district.

Asuman Nkwanga, an eye witness said the unfortunate incident happened, when the boy was playing with an electric wire that had fallen near their home.

Nkwanga said that the deceased boy stretched his hand to touch the wire, only to be electrocuted.

“He fell a few meters away,” Nkwanga said. He added that the mother of the boy immediately ran to rescue him but she was also electrocuted.

“She was electrocuted when she touched the boy’s body,” Nkwanga said.

Bolekwa said the Police removed the bodies and took them to Iganga Hospital for a postmortem examination.

Bolekwa warned residents  against  getting into contact  with electric wires.

However, some people blamed Umeme for failing to raise the wires saying that they had  became a  threat to their lives.

Related  stories

Man electrocuted in Kampala

Judiciary moves to clamp down on electricity theft

Elephant electrocuted in Queen Elizabeth National Park

 

 

 

 

Related Articles

More From The Author

Related articles