By Felix Okumu
A family of six people, was on Saturday evening burnt to death in Panyakawa Village, Pujani Parish, Atanga sub-county in Pader district after the grass thatch hut they were sleeping in, caught fire.
The fire reportedly started from a locally made Kerosene lamp commonly known as Laput at around 11:00 pm.
Atanga sub-county woman LC5 councilor Nancy Lawino says the family was using the Kerosene lamp to light the house, but forgot to put off when they were going to sleep.
He says the Kerosene lamp lit the mosquito net and the fire spread to the mattress and roof thus burning the entire hut.
Okema says only an unidentified visitor from Opit trading center and her child managed to run away from the house.
The people who died in the fire were identified as Santina Agengo and her four children. The other child who died had visited for Christmas
The speaker of Pader district Local Government Justice Ocen says fire is common during the dry season and asked people to be careful.
The Aswa River Region Police Spokesperson Patrick Jimmy Okema says police has gone to the scene of the fire.