Hofokam ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its head office at Fort Portal. Its vision is to be the Champion of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda. Hofokam’s mission is to provide quality financial services; information and business training to the economically active poor so as to enable them realize their full potential. As an equal opportunity employer, we invite qualified candidates to apply for the job being advertised below:
Post Human Resource Officer
Location Head Office
Reports to Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Officer being sought will be assisting the Human Resource Manager in the functions of hiring and managing well motivated, competent, qualified and productive human resources geared to enhancing efficiency and effectiveness at the workplace.
The job demands for a person with high degree of professionalism, interpersonal presentation skills, patience a team player, a good communicator, self supervised with utmost emotion intelligence and willing to work under pressure.
Key Outputs Expected
1. Plan and budgets for recruitment and training prepared
2. Staff development programmes organised
3. Staff welfare coordinated
4. Staff performance appraisal coordinated
5. Advice on human resource matters provided
6. Appointment letters and job descriptions issued
7. Staff counselled and guided
8. Staff discipline Managed
9. Staff list updated
10. Human Resource Records well kept and updated
Key Result Areas
1. Participate in the Planning and budgeting for recruitment, training, retention and manpower exit.
2. Assist the Human Resource Manager in Coordinating recruitment exercises
3. Take part in staff performance appraisal and provide appraisal feedback to staff on time, coordinate employee’s confirmation.
4. Assist the Human Resource Manager in the Preparation of Human Resource Board documents.
5. Organize and coordinate staff development programmes
6. Organize and coordinate staff welfare
7. Update and take safe custody of all human resource records
8. Update staff list in liaison with the Human Resource Manager
9. Advise management on any human resource matters in line with labour laws
10. Support the Counseling and guidance function of staff in HIV/AIDS and other psycho-social problems in liaison with professional counselors.
11. Assist the Human Resource Manager in Issuing appointment letters and job descriptions
12. In consultation with the Human Resource Manager Handle staff discipline at work place and conflict management
13. Any other duties as may be assigned to you by the Human Resource Manager
• Knowledge of Uganda Labour Laws and globally acceptable Human Resources Practices
• Ability to work under pressure, team oriented, high degree of integrity, willingness to lead and train others, assertiveness, good customer relations both internally and externally and should posses negotiation skills.
• 3 years working experience in financial services industry or related field at middle management level.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, BA(Arts), BA(SS), BBA, BCOM, or related field. Possession of a post graduate qualification in human resources management is an added advantage.
• Should be computer literate and having sound proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you think that you meet the above requirements, please send your applications with copies of academic and professional certificates, a CV, postal address, day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees not later than 15th December 2017 to; You send by email, hand or use postal address indicated below.