Estates Manager at the British High Commission Kampala.
POSITION : Estates Manager
POSITION TYPE : Permanent
SALARY : UGX 69,823,454 to UGX 84,376,176 per annum plus benefits
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Estates Manager at the British High Commission Kampala.
Main Purpose of the job:
The Estates Manager provides leadership and management oversight for the Estates and Maintenance Section to ensure the office buildings and compound, the official Residence, and over 20 staff residences are safe, compliant, clean and efficient. The Estates Manager will have overall responsibility of the Estates and Maintenance Section, and oversee the delivery of a professional service that complies with The Foreign and Commonwealth Offi ce (FCO)’s Estates and Assets Management rules and regulations and the agreed Service Level Agreement with UK Government departments. The job holder will ensure the provision of suitable residential housing for UK based members of Staff. The post holder is also the Deputy Head ofCorporate Services, working directly to the Head of Corporate Services.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Leadership and Management
• Estate Management
• Health and Safety
• Financial and Budget Management
• Environment Management
• Asset Management
• Deputising for the Head of Corporate Services
Skills / experience / qualifications required:
• Experience and knowledge of Estates and Facilities Management
• Budgeting and Contract Management
• Experience in leading and managing a team and working across cultures
• Good organisational skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
Other desirable skills / experience / qualifications:
• Familiarity with Facilities Management and Financial Management Systems, Fire Safety Standards, Health & Safety
• Desirable: Knowledge and familiarity with UK building, and Health and Safety standards, and UK suppliers as it relates to furnishings and fittings of Estates.
For further details of the position and to apply please visit: http://fco.tal.net/candidate/login and click on search jobs.
The closing date is Thursday, 5 May 2016 and no further applications will be accepted after this date