Deadline is July 24, 2017 by 5pm
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a public Authority and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Its Vision is 'A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation' and its Mission is "To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption".
UCDA believes in and aspires for Leadership, Integrity, Teamwork, Client Focus, Accountability and Professionalism. In order to achieve its mandate, UCDA is desirous of recruiting motivated, qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacant positions.
JOB TITLE: MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER (1) DIRECTORATE: STRATEGY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT: MONITORING AND EVALUATION
DUTY STATION: KAMPALA
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR STRATEGY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
To strengthen UCDA's monitoring and evaluation function and capacity for the purpose of improving its programmes and policies, organizational learning and accountability.
Key Result Areas
1. Technical guidance in the Monitoring and Evaluation Function
• Develop, review and monitor the implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system and framework for the Authority;
• Provide advice and clarity on UCDA programme and project objectives, indicators and targets;
• Provide supervisory oversight in tracking and assessment of performance / progress towards set outcomes as well as cost-effectiveness in implementation;
• Design and regularly review monitoring and evaluation tools to facilitate objective measurement of indicators;
• Monitor data quality and management throughout the processes of collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting;
• Conduct programme analysis, both at impact level and outcome level, in order to capture lessons learned and ensure that risks are properly monitored;
• Review and provide advice on proposed operational policies, strategies, and operational programs in light of monitoring and evaluation findings.
2. Planning and budgeting
• Prepare the annual budget, work plans and procurement plans for the Monitoring and Evaluation Department and monitor their implementation.
• Provide technical support during the development of UCDA's annual Budget and work plans, and participate in the planning and budgeting activities especially in regard to M&E activities.
3. Knowledge management and information
• Prepare progress reports and various analysis and other reports as required.
• Prepare consolidated program performance / progress reports for Management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
• Create and update a data bank on UCDA monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Develop systems and frameworks for learning, feedback, and knowledge sharing on achievements and lessons learned among the UCDA officials and stakeholders.
4. Capacity Building in M&E
• Support users by conducting training, providing information and resolving problems
• Develop training schedules to ensure regular M&E refresher sessions for UCDA staff;
• Ensure full understanding and implementation of M&E guidelines by UCDA staff
5. People Management and staff capacity-building
• Manage and coach the departmental team to retain high caliber staff for better delivery of services.
• Ensure organizational policy is adhered to by Monitoring and Evaluation Department
• Design and lead regular capacity-building initiatives across the organization, ensuring that programme staff are able to use M&E systems to assess progress, identify challenges/opportunities and take action
6. To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Management
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate must have;
An Honors degree in either Quantitative Economics, or Agricultural Economics, or Rural Economics, or Statistics, or Business Administration, or Social Science, or Development Studies.
Master's degree in either Monitoring and Evaluation, or Economic Statistics, or Business Administration;
A Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation;
At least 7 years' relevant working experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks, three (3) years of which must have been at a managerial level in a reputable public or private organisation.
Competences and Skills
Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills including experience with packages such as EpiInfo and SPSS,
Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Excellent report writing skills with experience preparing reports for donors and others
Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic transcripts, and telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees not later than 24th July 2017, 5:00 p.m. to;-
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority, Coffee House,
Plot 35 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala (U).
Electronic Submissions (2MBS in PDF) can be sent to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.