Thursday,November 26,2020 22:57 PM
  • Home
  • National
  • Twijukye Murder: Investigations near completion

Twijukye Murder: Investigations near completion

By Michael Odeng

Added 8th June 2017 06:05 PM

Brian Bagyenda, appeared in court alongside Vincent Rwahwire and Innocent Bainomugisha

Twijukye Murder: Investigations near completion

Brian Bagyenda, appeared in court alongside Vincent Rwahwire and Innocent Bainomugisha

After eleven adjournments, the State has said inquiries into the murder of 22-year-old student, Enid Twijukye, who was allegedly killed by her boyfriend, Brian Bagyenda, are nearing completion. 

When the case came up for mention on THursday, State prosecutor Joyce Anyango, informed court that investigations into the case are almost complete. 

"Since the investigations are nearing completion I pray that the accused be remanded again to Luzira," she said. 

This prompted Nakawa Chief Magistrate's court presided over by Grade One Magistrate Noah Ssajjabi to remanded Bagyenda and his co-accused to Luzira Prison until June 22, when they will re-appear in court for mention of the case‚Äč.

Procedurally, when investigations are complete, committal papers are prepared by the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) and the accused is sent to the High Court to face trial. 

Bagyenda, 29, the son of ISO boss Col. Frank Bagyenda Kaka, appeared in court alongside Vincent Rwahwire, 28, and Innocent Bainomugisha, 24, to answer charges of murder.

On February 1, 2017, the trio was charged with murder under section 188 and 189 of the Penal Code Act, an offence that carries a maximum penalty of death upon conviction. 

Prosecution alleges that the accused, on January 4 2017 at Njobe Road Plot 2, Luzira, Nakawa division in Kampala district, with malice aforethought, unlawfully caused the death of Twijukye. 

On January 18, Police arrested Bagyenda and his co-accused after telephone printouts from the mobile phone of the deceased showed that he was the last person to speak to her before she disappeared mysteriously from her home. 

She was murdered and her body dumped in Seeta, Mukono district. 

Twijukye lived with her sister in Namugongo, Kira Municipality, Wakiso District. On the eve of the fateful day, she left home and told her sister she was going to visit someone in Bweyogerere. 

The following day the deceased's phones went off, prompting her mother Nkoko to contact her other daughters about her whereabouts.

Later, Police recovered Twijukye's decomposing body in Namanve Forest, 11km away from the murder scene. 

At the time of death, Twijukye was working at Capital Shoppers in Ntinda and was set to graduate from university.

Related articles

More From The Author

More From The Author