TOP
Saturday,October 31,2020 02:22 AM
  • Home
  • News
  • Business woman found dead in own shop

Business woman found dead in own shop

By Julius Luwemba

Added 14th May 2017 02:25 PM

The Entebbe police CIID officer Richard Anvuku disclosed that the deceased could have suffocated dead due to the smoke from the charcoal stove

Business woman found dead in own shop

The Entebbe police CIID officer Richard Anvuku disclosed that the deceased could have suffocated dead due to the smoke from the charcoal stove

A 37 year old woman identified as Peninah Namusisi popularly known as Auntie Pennie running a shop in Abaita Ababiri town, Nkumba Zone in Katabi town council, Wakiso district, was this morning found dead in her Kiosk where she had spent the night.

The deceased was discovered by customers who had come to buy merchandise and found the kiosk locked.

Some of the customers revealed that when they discovered that the kiosk was locked, they tried contacting her mobile phone number but she wasn't responding hence deciding to break the padlock, and on peeping inside, they saw the woman lying dead in her kiosk.

Scene of crime police officers discovered that the kiosk was so congested with several merchandise and with no room for ventilation and to make matters worse she had a charcoal stove inside.

The Entebbe police CIID officer Richard Anvuku disclosed that the deceased could have suffocated dead due to the smoke from the charcoal stove. Anvuku further revealed that the deceased may have spent the night in her kiosk because she was afraid of thieves breaking into the shop.

The body was taken to Mulago Hospital for a postmortem, to find out the probable cause of Peninah's demise.

The Abaita Ababiiri LCI Chairman Abby Ssebowa revealed that the deceased was well known in the area because she had many customers who were buying her fried cassava and pancakes.

Ssebowa concurred with CIID Anvuku that the deceased may have died in her sleep due to the smoke from the charcoal stove. He appealed to residents of his area to avoid sleeping with charcoal stoves in their houses.

Related articles

More From The Author

More From The Author