SALARY: UGX 4,137,961 –UGX 5,083,931 per month
POSITION: IT Manager/ Head of Office Services Team (OST) B3 POSITION TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: UGX 4,137,961 -UGX 5,083,931 per month
A vacancy has arisen for the position of IT Manager/ Head of Office Services Team (OST) at the British High Commission Kampala.
Main purpose of job:
The IT Manager/Head of Office Services Team (OST) will provide leadership and oversight of the Office Services Team (OST), within the Corporate Services Team (CST) at The British High Commission (BHC) in Kampala.
They will report to the Head of Corporate Services and manage a team of two staff - the BHC receptionist and the IT Support Officer (ITSO). They will be responsible for the delivery of all IT and reception services to a range of UK Government Departments at the Mission, as well as the provision of other office services such as the management of telephones, diplomatic bags and stationery.
They will be responsible for ensuring that service delivery meets agreed service standards. They will also provide sound technical direction and advice, working closely with the ITSO and Regional Technical Support Services hub (Pretoria) in order to deliver and maintain IT service provision at Post.
Skills/experience /qualifications required:
• Minimum Bachelors or equivalent in an Information Technology/Information Systems related field.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in information systems and a helpdesk environment.
• Experience in maintaining and managing electronic information and record management systems.
• Strong planning and organisational skills, and a good track record in stakeholder management and excellent communication skills.
• Experience of IT change processes and implementing new systems
• Experience of Firewalls, VPNs and Satellite Communications.
• Good working knowledge of networking and PC infrastructure.
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office program, including macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming.
For further details of the position and to apply please visit https//fco.tal.net/candidate/login and click on search jobs.
The closing date is 5th April 2017 and no further applications will be accepted after this date.