Call for proposals for fundraising consultancy services
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, has a mission to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by:
• Conserving the world's biological diversity;
• Ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable; and
• Reducing pollution and wasteful consumption.
Growth is a critical part of WWF's organizational strategy, and vital to the successful delivery of our conservation ambitions. The WWF Uganda Country Office (UCO) has developed a new Strategic Plan (SP) for 2016-2020. One of the most critical issues is how to mobilise sufficient and diversified funding to enable successful delivery of this Strategy.
WWF UCO is now looking to recruit an experienced consultant to focus on fundraising and resource mobilisation.
2. The Assignment
To support the delivery of the UCO Strategic Plan through strengthening its fundraising and resource mobilisation efforts.
• Develop a Fundraising Strategy
• Identify internal and external fundraising opportunities within the WWF network and other donors.
2.4 Desired Skills and Competencies
• Fundraising and resource mobilization skills, good at negotiation in a multicultural environment
• Thoroughness, attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Demonstrable numerical and budgetary skills, including preparing fundraising budgets and proficient use of Excel
• Proven track record of writing high quality and funded concepts, proposals, and templates that meet donor requirements
• Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of a team.
• Capacity Building skills
• Adhere to WWF's values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering, & Delivering Results.
2.8 Submission procedure:
Detailed Terms of Reference can be picked from WWF UCO at the provided address or can be downloaded from www.panda. org/uganda. Interested consultants that wish to express their interest in undertaking the prescribed work are to email and/or send hard copies of the following:
a) Technical Proposal not exceeding 15 pages (sealed in an envelope clearly marked "Technical Proposal for the Fundraising consultancy") that will include:
• Interpretation of the TORs understanding and interpretation of the TOR
• Methodology to be used in undertaking the assignment
• Time and activity schedule
• Organizational and Personnel Capacity Statement
• Relevant experience related to the assignment
• Curriculum Vitae
b) Financial proposal not exceeding 2 pages (Sealed in a separate envelope clearly marked "Financial Proposal for the Fundraising consultancy")
• Consultant's daily rates in Uganda Shillings
• Any other related costs The two envelops will then be sealed in a third one clearly marked: "Proposal for the Fundraising consultancy for WWF Uganda Country Office"
Send the specified documents above to:
WWF Uganda Country Office,
Plot 2 Sturrock Road
P.O. Box 8758, Kampala.
All proposals are expected to be submitted by Friday, 1st July 2016 at 16:00hrs local time to the above mentioned address.
1. WWF reserves the right to accept any proposals or reject all proposals.
2. Technical review will precede the financial
3. All forms of canvassing will lead to automatic cancellation of the proposal in question
4. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.