Jobs at Kakira Sugar Limited
We are seeking a suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies in our company:
1. Job Title: Officer - Purchase 01 post
Reporting to Imports Manager
• Receiving indents from user departments.
• Floating enquiries to overseas suppliers.
• Preparing import approvals after getting technical clearance.
• Following up for supply of materials.
Applicants should be holders of a Bachelors Degree/Diploma in any of the following
1. Procurement and Logistics Management.
3. Business Administration
Should have worked in a responsible position in a manufacturing organization and handled purchase or import purchase activities at least for a period of 5 years. Minimum 2 years practical
experience in SAP - procurement is essential.
2. Job Title: Mechanic I 03 posts
Reporting to Supervisor Workshop - Car and Lorry garage
• Attending to repairs & maintenance of Vehicles (cars and lorries)
• Carrying out overhauling of vehicles as per the supervisors
• Carrying out preventive maintenance of the vehicles.
• Planning for the required spares well in advance in anticipation of
technical problems likely to arise.
Must have Diploma in Mechanical/Agricultural/Automotive Engineering. However, applicants with Motor Vehicle certificate part I and II with relevant skills and experience may also apply.
Minimum of at least 3 (three) years working experience in similar fiedl.
3. Job Title: Senior Mechanic - Tractor Garage 01 post
Reporting to Supervisor Wheel Tractor:
Should be capable of:
• Carrying out major overhauling and repairs of engine, automatic transmission, differential, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and other related activities of tractors, heavy machines and other related equipments of sugar cane handling and transport.
• Planning and organising the required material to carry out above jobs.
• Inspecting, testing and diagnosing and trouble shooting of equipments.
• Enforcing the safety, health and environment policy of the company to subordinates.
• Must be a holder of Diploma in any of the following: Mechanical, Agricultural, Automotive Engineering or their equivalent obtained from a recognised technical College/University.
• Computer knowledge is essential.
• Should be able to handle the control module issues using service advisor.
- Minimum of at least 6 (six) years related working experience.
- Must be conversant with handling repairs of both petrol and diesel engines.
Attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicants for the advertised posts.
How to apply:
Applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone contact number, contact addresses of two referees should be mailed to:
Mr. Moses H. Thenge
Human Resources Manager
Kakira Sugar Limited
P.O. Box 121, Jinja - Uganda.
Closing date is 10 (ten) days from the date of this advertisement.