BRAC, one of the largest Non-Governmental Development Organizati on in the world, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviati on Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda.
BRAC, one of the largest Non-Governmental Development Organizati on in the world, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviati on Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Educati on, Health, Agriculture, Livestock,
Adolescent Empowerment and Microfi nance. For more information please visit BRAC's website www.brac.net.
BRAC Uganda invites applications from suitably qualifyed Ugandans to fill up the available vacant position within
the Finance and Accounts Department.
BRAC UGANDA, Finance and Accounts Department
Job Title : Head of Accounts (position, 1)
Reports to : The Country Representative,
Locati on : Country Office
Salary : Negoti able,
CORE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leadership and stakeholder management (Donors, Banks, Suppliers, Staff , Statutory bodies, Programs and others)
• Develop, set up and manage financial reporting systems, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with donor and stakeholder requirements, and provide reports to guide the decision making process.
• Financial payments and business process facilitation.
• Develop, manage, monitor and oversee the budget lifecycle.
• Manage the external Audits.
• Ensure a good inventory management process
• And other duti es as may be assigned by Management.
• Master degree in Accounts or its equivalent, with Professional certificate in CPA, ACCA, and CIMA.
• A post graduate diploma in Project Management /implementation will be of an advantage
• At least 7 years of working experience in relevant field including 3 years in a senior management position in a similar organization.
• Good working knowledge in Accounting software such as, ERP and others is a must.
• Experience in complex accounting and finance system, including reporting, budgeting, audit and compliance.
• Good financial management skills, system set up and development.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively,aability to interpret documents, understand procedures, written reports and correspondence.
• Excellent cross cultural people management and strong negotiation skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications, must submit their application letters, Curriculum Vitae
(including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least 3 referees in Ms. Office Word Document), All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents,
MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE. In total, there must only be 2 attachments sent to email@example.com, Not later than 4th June, 2016.
NB. Only Soft Copy Applications will be considered, and Short-listed candidates will be contacted. On the subject, must be the name of the position applied for strictly.