Finance and Administration Manager at Jhpiego
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 40 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice. We are currently looking for an experienced individual with excellent
technical skills who is a team player, dedicated, hard-working, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking with minimum supervision
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Reporting to the Country Director, the Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for providing financial and Administration management support to Jhpiego Uganda Office. S/he will supervise the day-to-day financial and admin operations of the Uganda office, budgeting ensure internal control systems and review of on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego's financial operations. He/she will also be involved in the development, adaptation or implementation of financial and administrative systems to ensure optimal support to Jhpiego Uganda office. The position supervises Finance officers, Finance assistants and administration staff.
Finance and Accounting:
• Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data before payments are made
• Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with donor and donor and Jhpiego's financial policies and procedures.
• Manage day-to-day cash needs, travel requests, payments, procurement, contracts, grants and processing invoices, operation systems, policies and procedures, consultant, and travel and logistics.
• Review sample of expense reports and other project expenses on a regular basis to ensure adequate support documentation, allowability, allocability and reasonability.
• Review petty cash register and carry out periodic surprise cash counts
• Review of QuickBooks monthly financial reports,, conduct bank reconciliation and perform monthly closing processes and perform monthly closing processes
• Prepare financial reports to donors like USAID, UNFPA among others as required.
• Assist program managers to develop annual operational budgets and review for accuracy, reasonability, completeness and donor compliance.
• Develop proposal budgets for review by the Country Director in accordance with donor requirements.
• Monitor program expenses by ensuring timely preparation of expenditure reports, accruals and projections and burn rates on a monthly basis.
• Review existing internal control systems to ensure financial integrity at all times; identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions as per the GAAPs and Jhpiego's financial
• Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship of staff and ensure team spirit within the finance and administrative teams. Also work with other program units departments to ensure optimum support and linkages. Train and mentor the finance and administrative staff as needed.
• Work closely with senior management of the country office to ensure optimal support and advise on financial and administrative matters as required.
The Finance and Administration Manager will monitor administrative aspects of the Jhpiego office which includes office management, information technology and travel/transport. Specific duties include:
• Office Management: Provide oversight on office management policies, procedures, processes and systems to ensure optimal support in the Uganda office. Provide regular feedback and resolution of office management issues.
• Information Technology: Supervise the IT Officer to ensure IT requirements are met for both staff and program needs.
• Safety and Security: Work with the Safety and Security Officers to ensure regular updates and training are provided to staff, telephone tree and emergency contact information is available and overall preparedness for the Uganda office.
• Travel and Transport Systems: Ensure proper utilization of vehicle fleet, fair allocation of transport and tracking of vehicle use
• Masters' degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Minimum CPA (U) or equivalent
• Minimum of five (7) years relevant experience in finance or accounting at supervisory/management/management level.
• Minimum of three (4) years practical experience in QuickBooks accounting package
• Previous supervisory experience in office administration.
• Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
• Knowledge of USAID and UN and UN regulations is required.
• Previous experience with nonprofit organization required.
• Excellent financial and computer skills - working knowledge of QuickBooks
• Software, database applications, word processing and Excel.
• Demonstrated budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting skills
Ugandan nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package in line with the selected candidate's salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. Please include your up-to-date CV with three professional references and cover letter. Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org by 15th April 2016.
Hard copy applications delivered at the Jhpiego Kampala office will not be considered.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer