Quantum Foods South Africa, is a poultry breeder company that has been operating in Uganda for more than 15 years. The company manufactures day old chicks (layers and broilers) and poultry feeds of the highest quality.
QUANTUM FOODS UGANDA, a subsidiary of Quantum Foods South Africa, is a poultry breeder company that has been operating in Uganda for more than 15 years. The company manufactures day old chicks (layers and broilers) and poultry feeds of the highest quality.
QUANTUM FOODS UGANDA invites applicants with relevant experience and qualifications to apply for the position of Feed Mill Manager- Masindi. This position's day-to-day tasks will focus on meeting the needs of clients (both external customers and internal unit managers). He/she will analyze Feed Mill work flow, evaluatesystems and formulate work plans and procedures. He/ she is required to recommend strategies and communicate the desires of clients to other staff members to ensureunderstanding of the clients' demands, challenges and goals. He/she will also be charged with monitoring progress against a set of benchmarks.
Objectives of the role:
• Reviewing daily production records; scheduling feed production, raw material -and ingredient orders and -deliveries, employee attendance and -leave.
• Evaluating employees and production equipment's efficiency and effectiveness.
• Keeping accurate records of discussions and correspondence on customer demands.
• Developing feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use.
• Developing customer service procedures, policies and standards.
• Reviewing quality assurance results and ensuring that the required quality of raw materials is sourced and delivered.
• Answering customers' questions on feed quality and nutrition.
• Documenting, implementing and evaluating Standard Operational Procedures.
• Reviewing ingredient- and feed sampling programs.
• Setting the standards for quality assurance.
• Submitting raw material- and feed samples for analysis.
• Preparing annual feed mill budget and sharing it with Management.
• Evaluating time attendance sheets, calculating short- and overtime.
• Reviewing and reporting on monthly costs relating to
employees, machinery and operations.
• Evaluating new technology to lower manufacturing costs.
• Preparing capital requests and discussing it with Management.
• Implementing safety procedures, training employee on safety procedures and -equipment and ensuring availability of safety equipment.
• Conducting Safety meetings and -audits.
Qualifications and Experience required:
• A diploma or degree in Agriculture, Animal production and Husbandry, Food and Nutrition.
• At least 7 years' experience in Animal Feed Production.
• High level of technical knowledge and competency.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Experience in Feed Mill Management will be to the candidate's benefit.
Other Skills and knowledge required:
• Good communication-, customer service- and writing skills.
• Able to communicate complex technical issues, with good presentation skills.
• Excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills and knowledge is a requirement.
• Must be fluent (speak, read, write) in English, Lunyoro, Luganda, and Kiswahili.
Remuneration shall be determined by the relevant credentials and experience of the successful candidate. CLOSING DATE AND TIME: 13h00 on 23 February 2016
(No late applications will be considered.)Successful candidates will be invited for interviews by 26 February 2016.
APPLICATIONS: Interested parties should submit their application letters, CV and Academic results by e-mail to Quantum Foods Uganda:
Attention: Ellen Odendaal (Managing Director: Quantum Foods Uganda)
Subject of e-mail: Application: Feed Mill Manager (Masindi)
E-mail to be sent to: email@example.com (Violet Alinda)
Tel. +256 752 772255