By Michael Odeng & Emmanuel Luganda
A city businessman who shot dead three security operatives in mid-October at Ndeeba has further been remanded to Luzira prison due to incomplete investigations.
The court presided over by Makindye Chief Magistrate, Richard Mafabi Tuesday sent Godfrey Muhirwa back to Prison after prosecution told court that police investigations were incomplete. Muhirwa is facing three counts of murder.
It is alleged that Muhirwa shot dead three security operatives who include Deogratious Jaaya, an operative of the Police's Flying Squad; Mohammed Kiwana, a former Operation Wembley operative and Martin Busulwa, a former security operative who succumbed to death in Mulago hospital in October, 2014.
Busulwa, who survived for three days with gunshot wounds later passed on at Mulago hospital where he had been admitted since the shooting in the city suburb.
“We ask court to fix the matter to another date so that the police get enough time to conclude the ongoing investigations,” State prosecutor Happiness Ainebyona requested.
Clad in a blue suit, Muhirwa looked calm while before the magistrate in his chambers and shared a light moment with journalists outside court.
The incident is said to have occurred after the operatives had allegedly received shs20m from the businessman.
Prior to the incident, two pistols, four spent cartridges and shs20m were recovered from the scene of crime by the police. Police findings indicate that the pistol Muhairwe allegedly used was illegal given that its license had expired.
Police have since established that there was no robbery plot behind the incident which they described as a crime of passion, involving accusations of infidelity.
The magistrate remanded the suspect until February 2, 2015 when he will be re-produced in court to know the status of investigations.