The motion on street children recently moved in Parliament by Mariam Nalubega is very timely. It is imperative that the government attends to the problem of street children. The government has two options. It can deal with the problem now or wait until th
- Where do these children come from?
- Who are their parents?
- Why has this phenomenon come about?
- What has the Government so far done to addressing the matter?
- What is the ideal solution for these problems?
- What is the role of the numerous NGOs, especially established to deal with street children. Each of these NGOs should be put to task to produce the number of children it is assisting and in what manner. The NGOs should also produce a record showing the source of its funding and accountability of the funds. They should also take the team to the physical centres where the children are accommodated and assisted.
High Commissioner of Uganda, Tanzania
Pursue street kids matter aggressively