TOP
Sunday,November 01,2020 01:13 AM

Court places injunction on league

By Vision Reporter

Added 25th September 2009 03:00 AM

THE Super League scheduled to start today will not kick-off after court issued an injunction barring soccer governing body FUFA from organising the league.

THE Super League scheduled to start today will not kick-off after court issued an injunction barring soccer governing body FUFA from organising the league.

By Edward Anyoli

THE Super League scheduled to start today will not kick-off after court issued an injunction barring soccer governing body FUFA from organising the league.

High Court presided over by Justice Vincent Musoke Kibuuka stopped the league following an application filed by Pro-line Soccer Academy saying the Nalubaale was unfairly excluded from the League.

“This court is duly satisfied that an injunction be issued accordingly restraining respondent (FUFA) from commencing the supper league scheduled for this Saturday” Justice Kibuuka ruled.

Justice Musoke Kibuuka in his brief ruling said the injunction will remain in force for only 21days within which Pro-line can peruse their case for main application.

Pro-line Academy went to court for an injunction seeking to bar FUFA from sanctioning the start of the 2009-10 Super League season without the participation of Nalubaale FC, whose rights Pro-line claim to have purchased.

FUFA lawyer Peter Kawuma tried unsuccess¬ful to get court convinced not to grant the injunction.

Kawuma had argued that a number of football fans had already booked tickets for the matches, and if the match was put off, many people would be affected.

He told court that the sponsors had put every¬thing required awaiting the start of the League.

“The injunction will not only affect the organisers of the League but very many stakeholders involved including the sponsors” Kawuma lamented in a fully packed court.
Kawuma further said if the Super League went on without Nalubaale FC they would not be seriously affected.

However, Mulema Mukasa the lawyer representing Pro-line Soccer Academy argued that the decision taken by FUFA to exclude Nalubaale was illegal.

He added that Soccer governing body FUFA had denied Nalubaale an opportunity to be heard before excluding it from the League.

FUFA plan next move

Meanwhile, FUFA com¬petitions committee secretary Moses Magogo said yesterday that the federation would meet over the court decision and decide on what to do next, adds Swalley Kenyi

“For us we take instructions from the executive (of FUFA), what they will decide is what we shall go by,” Magogo said yesterday.

Court places injunction on league

Related articles

More From The Author

More From The Author