KAMPALA â€” The father of a nine-year-old pupil, who was electrocuted when he stepped on a live wire in 2002, has sued Uganda Electricity Distribution Company for compensation.
KAMPALA â€” The father of a nine-year-old pupil, who was electrocuted when he stepped on a live wire in 2002, has sued Uganda Electricity Distribution Company for compensation. Wycliff Kikukule of Kasangati, who filed the suit at Nakawa High Court, said the company negligently left a naked live wire on the road.
KAMPALA â€” Buganda Road Court has summoned a lawyer for allegedly forging a judgement in a civil suit at the High Court. Grade One Magistrate Justine Atukwasa yesterday issued criminal summons against Humphrey Rugambanengwe, 30, of Zana Nfuufu Zone in Wakiso district to answer charges of forgery and uttering false documents.
APAC â€” Children from the Samaritanâ€™s Purse International and Edukans of the Netherlands have donated items worth sh40m to internally displaced persons in Apac and Lira districts. Pastors Steven Mugabi of the Association of Evangelicals in Africa and Fred Sekyewa from Africa Renewal ministries distributed the items last week in Lira and Apac districts.
MUKONO â€” A suspected thief was on Saturday killed and his body burnt by residents of Kimege village in Seeta- Namuganga sub-county. The deceased, only identified as Bukenya, was said to have stolen several items from Godfrey Kalegeâ€™s house in Walatayi village on Friday night.