The Rockefeller Foundation has made a grant to the Faculty of Agriculture, Makerere University, for the procurement of a LAN. Makerere University is now inviting bids for the supply of equipment and installation of the LAN.
A pre-tender meeting will be held at 10.00 a.m on Friday, 13th July, 2001, Dean's office, Faculty of Agriculture, Makerere University, to take a tour of the LAN area and give any other clarifications that might be required by bidders.
Authorised representatives of the manufacturers indicated are invited to bid for the supply of these necessary items, preferably as a single lot. Prospective bidders should note that:
1. The closing date for the submission of quotations will be Thursday 19 July, 2001 at 10.00 a.m.
2. The successful bidder will be required to deliver all equipment by Thursday, 6th September, 2001.
3. The successful bidder will be required to execute a 10% performance bond that will be forfeited in the event of failure to deliver as per successful bid after award of the tender
4. Bidders are required to pay a non-refundable fee of U.Shs 50,000 at UCB Makerere through the University Cash Office
5. Tender bids should be submitted to the purchasing office Room 210, Main Building, Makerere
6. The University is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender
7. Prospective bidders can download bid documents from: http://www.makerere.ac.ug/tender/
Secretary to University Tender Board
Makerere Univeristy - Proposed procument of Local Area Network for Faculty of Agriculture