Mulongo warns of clashes in Bubulo

9th August 2001

FORMER parliamentary candidate for Bubulo East, Mr. Simon Mulongo, has warned of possible ethnic clashes in the area if suspects

By John Eremu FORMER parliamentary candidate for Bubulo East, Mr. Simon Mulongo, has warned of possible ethnic clashes in the area if suspects of the June 26 killings are not arrested. Five people, mainly Mulongo’s supporters and two UPDF officers, were killed in election violence in Buwabwala sub-county on polling day. Mulongo who is also Hoima Resident District Commissioner told The New Vision last week that the situation had becoming volatile because the suspected murderers were still at large. “The people killed were from Bubutu, Bumbo and Bupoto. People from those areas are now up in arms against Buwabwala,” Mulongo said. However, the deputy Police spokesman, Mr Eric Naigambi, said he was not aware that the suspects were still at large.