Procurement Ref: IOM/IMP/001/2020
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1951 and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits both migrants and society.
In the framework of WASH, the IOM now invites sealed bids from qualified Implementing partners’ to bid for the implementation of WASH activities in the East.
The specific objective of this intervention is to improve life-saving response through provision of emergency WASH assistance.
Scope of the Services: This intervention will target flood and landslide affected communities in Eastern Region, Bududa and Sironko Districts.
The implementing partner will be expected to carry out the following activities on behalf of IOM:
• Maintenance/repairing, cleaning and disinfection existing water sources.
• Distribution of household water treatment kits
• Provision of safe water through water trucking
• Establish and train water and sanitation management committees
• Conducting training on water quality testing and conduct water quality monitoring at household and source level
• Construction of emergency latrines/ mobile toilets • Rehabilitations of institutional latrines
• Purchase and distribution of NFI/Hygiene kits
• Training of VHT
• Preparing and dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages and IEC materials
• Promote safe hygiene and sanitation practices to reduce the risk of poor WASH related diseases
Interested partners may access the complete set of bidding Document from the IOM’s website: http://uganda.iom.int/. Alternatively, hard copies of the full set of bidding documents can be picked from IOM Headoffice at Plot 6A, Bukoto Crescent Road Naguru, Kampala from Friday 31stof January, 2020. \
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to IOM at the address specified above no later than 11:00 am 10th February 2020. No late proposal shall be accepted.
For more information, please contact IOM procurement desk by email: UgandaProcurementandLogistics2_DL@iom.int
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposals, and to cancel the procurement process and reject all proposals at any time prior to award of Purchase Order or Contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected implementing partner/s or any obligation to inform the affected implementing partner/s of the ground for the IOM’s action.