KEY ACHIEVEMENTS 2017-2018
A total of UGX.324.52bn was invested overall in the provision and improvement of infrastructure the different subsectors in the sector in an effort to increase access to education and have more modern higher quality learning and teaching environments.
Share of infrastructure investment by sector
The higher education sub sector took the highest percentage share of infrastructure at 34.2%, followed by the primary sub sector at 20.2%; followed by BTVET at 16.2%; Local government at 15.2%; Teacher Instructor Education and Training at 9.9%, Secondary sub sector at 2.2%; Physical Educati on at 1.8% and Special Needs education at 0.3%
54 primary schools expanded in six districts Access and Equity
Civil works under the Uganda Teacher and School Effectiveness Project were completed in 54 primary schools spread across 6 districts that include:-
- 11 primary schools in Ibanda district;
- 20 schools in Isingiro district;
- 1 school in Kapchorwa district;
- 9 schools in Bukwo district;
- 4 schools in Arua district; and,
- 9 schools in Alebtong district.
7 classrooms, 1 administration block, 2 blocks of 5 stance latrine, 1 block 2 stance latrine and water tanks were built in each school.
10 secondary seed schools to be constructed, 2 completed
Following the directive that all sub counties without a secondary school should at least be provided with one, a total amount of UGX.8.5bn was allocated for the construction of 12 seed schools in FY2017/18. Civil works were completed in 2 seed secondary schools that include:
- Abok Secondary School – Abok Sub county (Oyam District);
- Noble Mayombo S.S- Kijura T.C (Kabarole District).
- The other 10 schools are at different levels of constructi on. Below are pictures of civil works completed in Abok S.S
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS