This is one of the easiest dishes anyone can cook and eat in less than 30 minutes.
CULINARY DELIGHT | TODAY'S RECIPE
Rice mixed with bacon by Rogers Balamaga
A mix of rice and bacon is one of the easiest ways out of the drab ordinary meals that we are used to.
Following a simple rice-bacon mix will save the huge amount you would have spent on it in a five-star hotel. It just needs nine ingredients: rice, bacon, Irish potatoes, carrots, olive oil, butter, spring onions and garlic.
This is one of the easiest dishes anyone can put together and eat in less than 30 minutes. I call it bacon fried rice, though in all honesty, the preparation and taste is much closer to the Chinese cuisine called Yangzhou fried rice.
- Long grain rice. For the best results, it is advisable to boil the rice and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours; I have just never been that patient.
- Bacon. 100gms would be ideal for this dish of three servings.
- Irish Potatoes. Dice 2-3 the potatoes into three-inch cubes.
- Two cloves of freshly ground garlic. Remember grinding garlic makes it stronger than the chopping them.
- Spring onions. These are for both flavour and colour, but I have also found capsicum (green pepper) to be a good substitute for spring onions.
- Butter. A tablespoonful gives the rice a good scent and helps the grains to come out finer. Also, it tends to prevent the rice from sticking at the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Olive oil. If available, ordinary cooking oil can be used.
Steps to follow:
- If you have everything ready, the preparation is really simple.
- Boil the rice in a rice cooker and add salt, butter, carrots and potatoes.
- While that boils, slice the bacon into 3cm long pieces and put it on the side. Whisk the eggs, add a pinch of salt, black pepper, Royco, cloves, spring onions and put aside.
- When the rice is ready, shallow fry the bacon in a frying pan with as little oil as possible until it turns golden brown, pour in the egg mixture and stir fry until it sticks together.
- Add two to three ladle scoops of rice into the egg mixture as you stir until it mixes fairly well, then transfer everything into the rice pan and mix thoroughly until the egg mixture dissolves into the rice.
- Before serving, get a small bowl on the product and mix tablespoonfuls of tomato sauce with an equal amount of mayonnaise and a tea spoonful of soy sauce.
- When I prepared this meal, I blended a cocktail of pineapple and mangoes juice. I also served with some leftover chicken I had in the fridge from the previous dinner.
We would love to hear what you think of our recipe for rice mixed with bacon. If you have any comments or recipes, let us see them through email email@example.com or social media
Fill in your Name and Email Address to receive a Free Newsletter