• Home
  • National
  • Retired diplomat succumbs to brain hemorrhage

Retired diplomat succumbs to brain hemorrhage

By Faith Amongin

Added 18th May 2017 04:38 PM

Lule was laid to rest on Thursday May at his ancestral home in Wabikooma Semuto in Nakaseke District.

 Godfrey Lule Nakabaale, a former diplomat who has been living in Belgium, succumbed to the hemorrhage on May 10, at St Paul’s hospital in Belgium.

He got a stroke in February which then resulted into a brain hemorrhage, and had since been bed ridden until he breathed his last on May 10 according to the deceased’s close friend.

“He had become indisposed, lost of his speech and mobility with a poor memory,” said Daniel Nsibambi.

The 64-year old is a son of former prominent chief and elder of Semuto town, Nakaseke District, the late Erisa Nakabaale.

Lule was working as a senior consultant at BP Karl Associates for Euro African Business Innovation and E-Management at the time of his death.


Born on March 26, 1953, Lule went to Mvara Secondary School in Arua and Makerere University where he graduated with a degree in Political Science.

In 1976, he  joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before being posted to Kigali Rwanda in 1979 where he rose to the position of Head of Chancery and Second Secretary.

He then moved to Belgium in 1982 because of the then political environment, where he worked and settled until the time of his death.

In Belgium, he pursued further studies obtaining two master’s degrees in Industrial Development and Location; in Business Administration as well as a post graduate degree in e-Business and e-Management.

He worked in various companies and institutions including: Hotel Apollo and Mexican Group of Companies.

Lule is survived by a wife Janet Lukasi Nakabaale, three children including a son plus two grandchildren.

Lule was laid to rest on Thursday May at his ancestral home in Wabikooma Semuto in Nakaseke District.

He among many things, will be remembered as very honest man, hardworking, peaceful man who cared and loved people.

“He was a true friend, we went to the same school in A’Level and we have been friends since then. He would come quite occasionally with his family to visit me and we would go together to the village as we recounted our old times. He last visited two years ago,” said Nsibambi.

More From The Author

Related articles