Procurement Officer at Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL)
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL) is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business focus is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira Hydro Electric Power Stations. A vacancy exits for a “Procurement Officer”. Eskom Uganda Limited is inviting applications from interested candidates with the necessary qualifications and experience.
Position: Procurement Officer
Reports : Procurement Manager
Vacancies: One (1)
Duty Station: Jinja
Ensure economic and efficient procurement of goods and services that meet the Quality standards, in line with both EUL and best practice procurement strategies while ensuring continued support to operations at Eskom.
Key Results Area:
1. Supplier relationship management
2. Preparing high level project and routine purchasing reports as required (monthly)
3. Update and maintain records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases
4. Implement the bidding processes for goods, works and Services in accordance with standard tender procedures
5. Resolve delivery problems and complaints, vendor disputes concerning contract obligations, as well as verbal and written protests from unsuccessful bidders
6. Administer contracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with bid specifications, requirements, vendor performance, delivery receipt, contract compliance, payment scheduling, etc.
7. Serve on evaluation and tender committees as required and participate in contract negotiations
8. Review and analyze all purchases to ensure justification exists for tender awards and policies are followed
9. Develop mitigation measures to curb the risks inherent in the procurement process
10. Provide regular feedback to user departments and Suppliers.
11. Participate in administrative issues such as maintaining/ revising policies and procedures
12. Interpret purchasing policies, relay instructions of policy and procedure revision to other departments
13. Conduct Market research, prepare reports and analyze data as needed to support operations and to provide assistance to other departments
14. Represent the department at various meetings with administration, Suppliers, external agencies, professional organizations, and other groups.
15. Be in constant alignment with SHEQ Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislations.
The suitable candidates for this post should have
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supplies/Logistics management.
• Professional qualifications e.g. CIPS, CILT is a must
• Knowledge of the PPDA Act and Procurement Best Practices.
Working Experience and Competencies Required:
• Three years’ work experience in a similar role in an industrial environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates should send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and CV including three referees to the
following address not later than Sunday 22nd May 2016.
Please indicate the position you have applied for in the subject line of the email.
The Human Resources Manager
Eskom Uganda Limited
Nalubaale Power station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja Uganda
Tel: +2560332240400 Fax: +256-332-280306/307