TOP
Thursday,September 19,2019 02:43 AM
  • Home
  • Archive
  • Abazzukulu barred from meeting at Bulange

Abazzukulu barred from meeting at Bulange

By Vision Reporter

Added 8th June 2001 03:00 AM

THE Abazzukulu ba Buganda, a conservative group of Buganda youth, were on Thursday stopped from holding their meetings at Bulange Mengo.

By Josephine Maseruka THE Abazzukulu ba Buganda, a conservative group of Buganda youth, were on Thursday stopped from holding their meetings at Bulange Mengo. The directive was reached after a meeting between Mengo ministers and the Abazzukulu executive, chaired by the first deputy chairman of the Mengo executive, Godfrey Kaaya Kavuma. A statement from the Katikkiro's office issued by the Mengo spokesman, Tucker Lwanga Mubiru, said the decision was reached after "carefully scrutinising recent utterances, which were very provocative and disrespectful to the royal couple." The abazzukulu twice last week attacked the Kabaka and the Nnabagereka over the latter's planed delivery in a London hospital. They also attacked Kaaya for allegedly messing up Mengo issues whenever the Katikkiro Joseph Ssemwogerere is abroad. The statement also said Ssemwogerere would hold a meeting with the Abazzukulu leader, Jjunju Kamulali, who did not attend the meeting. Ends

Abazzukulu barred from meeting at Bulange

Related Articles

More From The Author

Related articles