By Nelson Kiva in Kiboga
KIBOGA - Six people from the same family in Kiboga district remain hospitalized but ‘improving’ after they were poisoned.
The victims became seriously ill after eating food suspected to have been poisoned Sunday night.
The incident was reported to have occurred at their home in Kyanga village, Kiboga town council.
Two of them are Senior Four students of Bamusuta Secondary School. The others are their grandmother said to be in her 70s, and three boys – two of them aged five and the other a four-year-old.
All the five boys have been living with their grandmother (right).
Some relatives who spoke to New Vision said the victims suddenly fell ill in the course of Sunday night.
They said their kin had dinner at around 8pm that evening before going off to slumber.
At the hospital, they were presented with stomachache, headache, diarrhea, vomiting and fever – all symptoms of poisoning.
The father to some of the victims was called that night by one of them and told of their critical condition.
He immediately mobilized other relatives and neighbours to help rush the victims to Kiboga hospital in the wee hours of Monday morning.
Medics at the hospital confirmed that they were a case of food poisoning. One of the nurses there said by Monday evening, their condition was improving and are expected to recover.
The incident comes barely two months after another family of five in Nakaseke district all died of alleged food poisoning.
They were a mother and her four children.