National
Toro Queen sh1.4b fraud case postponed
Publish Date: Dec 14, 2012
Toro Queen sh1.4b fraud case postponed
Toro Queen mother Best Kemigisha
  • mail
  • img
newvision

By Michael Odeng

The case in which a man is accused of defrauding the Toro queen mother sh1.4b has been adjourned to allow more investigations into the matter.
 
Estranged Ibrahim Nsimbe alias Moses Kyeyune fraud case, will have to wait a little longer to know his fate in the case where he is accused of obtaining sh1.4b belonging to Toro Queen, Best Kemigisha.
 
Nsimbe appeared before grade one magistrate, Patrick Wekeasa to answer charges of fraud at Nakawa magistrate’s court in Kampala.
 
Nsimbe, whose residence is at Nakiyugozi, Makindye division, a Kampala suburb told court that he borrowed the money for business purposes.
 
Prosecution alleges that Nsimbe did defraud Toro queen mother Best Kemigisha sh1.4b between March and November 2011 at different places in Kampala district.
 
The money in question was purportedly for registering the queen mother’s NGO, the Toro Kingdom Women Association with the UN and hiring a bullion van for the transportation of goods that would be used in the transactions between the UN and the NGO.
Nsimbe was charged together with his accomplices Dr. Martin Hoods and one Dr. Jonathan, who had been suspected to have left the country. The accomplices claimed to be UN agents.
 
The case was originally filed at Jinja Road police station by the claimant (Best Kemigisha) on February 6 this year, prompting the search for the accused (Nsimbe and the ‘British nationals’).

According to state witness, Nsimbe received USD55, 000 at DFCU bank in the month of July 2011 from Best Kemigisha and two other bundles of USD2, 500 each at different times from the same bank as indicated by the bank documents.

“The first amount was part of the money for hiring a bullion van and registering the Toro Kingdom Women Association with the UN while the second batch was for his personal use,” Wilson Ainebye, a police detective at Jinja Road police station had explained in court.

 

The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of New Vision Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of New Vision Online.

New Vision Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author.Find out why we moderate comments. For any questions please contact digital@newvision.co.ug

  • mail
  • img
blog comments powered by Disqus
Also In This Section
Museveni commissions sh5.8b technical institute
President Yoweri Museveni has commissioned a sh5.8b technical institute in Kamuli district....
A call for a ban on Waragi sold in sachets
The leaders of West Nile region have been urged to put a ban on Waragi sold in sachets, with death, poor health and poor school performance given as reasons for the action....
Male teachers in Kibuku, Pallisa sharing latrines with girls
Male teachers in Kibuku and Pallisa districts share pit latrines with girls, a survey released recently shows....
Compulsory national service for S.6 leavers
The National Planning Authority wants compulsory national service for all S.6 leavers to be an integral component of Uganda’s NDP II....
Burundi rivals hold talks to ease pre-vote tensions
Burundi''s ruling party has said it is "ready for compromise" with the opposition to ensure peaceful elections, as warnings mount of the risk of violence in the upcoming key polls....
Kaye’s ruling set for next week
The General Court Martial is expected to deliver a ruling in a case in which, Lt. Col. John Kaye, is accused of murder and conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline on February 5....
Will a ban on Waragi sold in sachets reduce consumption of Alcohol?
Yes
No
Can't Say
follow us
subscribe to our news letter