The attack took place early Thursday in the Bay region in the center of the country, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) west of Mogadishu.
The meeting agreed on measures to ensure Al-Shabaab is denied the freedom of organizing and instigating attacks against civilians.
Two weeks ago, 358 people died in the worst attack in Somalia since the group launched its offensive in 2007.
We need to stand up together and fight Al-Shabaab who continue massacring our people," he said.
Lt Gen Osman Noor Soubagleh, the commander of AMISOM, said Al-Shabaab consists of native Somalis and some foreign fighters.
The decision is in line with the Republican Trump administration's policy to expand the authority of the military
The attack began with suicide truck bombers blasting their way into the camp.
A second massive blast went off after ambulances and journalists had already rushed to the scene.
The troop movement comes just days after Ethiopia's government declared a state of emergency.
There are no reports on casualties yet.
Sign up to receive our free newsletter