- The Government of Uganda (GOU), represented by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MOFPED) has secured financial assistance from the Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) towards the cost of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Project under SFD Loan No. 4/511. Government intends to apply part of the proceeds of the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for which this Bid Notice is issued.
- The Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES), the Executing Agency for the VET Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for completion of works at four (4) Technical Institutes established under the Project at 1Amelo Technical Institute (in Adjumani District), 2Bukedea Technical Institute (in Bukedea District), 3Bukomero Technical Institute (in Kiboga District) and 4Lyantonde Technical Institute (in Lyantonde District). The works will all be executed under ONE Contract. Details of the estimated quantities for the various items comprising the works is included in the Bills of Quantities.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures contained in the SFD Guidelines for the Procurement of Goods and Works and the Government of Uganda's Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and is open to all bidders from eligible countries.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Education and Sports and inspect the Bidding Documents at the following Address from Monday - Friday from 9.00hrs to 15.00hrs.
The Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit,
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 7 Room 7.2, Embassy House
Plot 9/11 King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala (Uganda)
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- The Government of Uganda (GOU), represented by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MOFPED), has secured fi nancial assistance from the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) towards the cost of Phase II of the Vocational Education (VE) Project, under OFID Loan Agreement No. 4976P. Government intends to apply part of the proceeds of this fi nancial assistance to eligible payments under the contract for which this Procurement Notice is issued. The Executing Agency for the Project is the Ugandan Ministry of Education & Sports.
- The overall objective of the contract is to provide competent architectural and engineering design and construction supervision consultancy services, for the expansion and additional equipping of eight (8) technical institutes that were established under Phase I of the VE Project. The eight (8) project sites include 1Ogolai Technical Institute (in Amuria District), 2Buhimba Technical Institute (in Kikube District), 3Nawanyago Technical Institute (in Kamuli District), 4Lwengo Technical Institute (in Lwengo District), 5Sasiira Technical Institute (in Nakasongola District), 6Basoga Nsadhu Memorial Technical Institute (in Namutumba District), 7Kilak Corner Technical Institute (in Pader District) and 8Lokopio Hills Technical Institute (in Yumbe District).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- In addition to specifi c other guidance on the subject procurement process, the RFP dossier contains the detailed eligibility, evaluation and selection criteria to be applied. In particular, eligibility is open to national fi rms, either as sole bidders or in joint venture/association with other national or international fi rms. Bidders must however meet the following minimum criteria to qualify for contract award.
• Minimum average relevant portion of turnover over the last three (3) years of US$ 200,000.
• At least two (2) successfully executed similar consultancy service contracts in the last seven (7) years, with minimum value of the respective bid price.
The Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) mode will be applied.