The Ministry of Water & Environment-Water for Production Regional Centre - North has obtained funds for the procurement of Consultancy Services for Geotechnical Investigations for Design of Water for Production Facilities under Framework.
The purpose of this investigation is to explore and evaluate subsurface conditions in order to provide geotechnical design parameters and recommendations related to the geotechnical aspects of proposed water supply infrastructure design and construction, including core trench, spillway, embankment, intakes, tank stands, and reservoir, among others.
The Specific objectives therefore are to undertake:
- Field investigation (Field Exploration, Field Sampling and Field Testing). ii.
- Mapping and excavation of a number test pits and borings. iii.
- Laboratory testing of samples.
The Water and Sanitation Development Facility-North now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The Government of Uganda represented by Ministry of Water and Environment through Water for Production Regional Centre- North has obtained funds for the acquisition of Consultancy Services for Hydrogeological Assessments for Design of Water for Production Facilities under a Framework Contract.
The overall objective of the assignment is to explore and evaluate groundwater potential for development of water resource for productive use.
Specifically, the Consultant will be required to undertake:
- Borehole siting, including conducting reconnaissance surveys and hydrogeological investigations and borehole design.
- Inspection of the borehole with a video camera to confirm the integrity of the existing borehole. The consultant will provide the Client with a report and video of this exercise.
- Pumping tests of existing boreholes to determine the hydraulic properties of the aquifer, its performance and identify its boundaries. This should include a recovery test.
- Water quality analysis to ensure that the source is suitable to meet the quality for livestock watering, irrigation and drinking. Testing should be done in accordance with the approved international standards.
Water and Sanitation Development Facility-North now invites eligible Consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required personnel and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria will include: