INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR BUILDING, CIVIL AND ELECTRO-MECHANICAL WORKS FOR THE FINANCIAL YEARS 2012/13, 2013/14 AND 2014/15
Procurement Reference No. MoWT/Wks/11-12/00164
1. The Ministry of Works and Transport is in the process of prequalifying and classifying competent fi rms which will be called upon from time to time to tender for building, civil and electro-mechanical works listed below during the fi nancial years 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
2. The registration and classifi cation exercise is intended to enable contractors to be recognized by their capacity (resources), competence (skills) and capability (human resources) and be given opportunities in their areas of specialisation.
3. The Ministry of Works and Transport now invites sealed applications from eligible providers to be prequalifi ed for the provision of works in the following categories:
|Category 1||Execution of new civil/building works covering offi ce premises, workshop premises, factory premises, residential/ housing premises, academic/ institutional premises, health services premises and other public structures, including related external works [General building works]|
|Category 2||Repair, revamping, rehabilitation, partitioning, redecoration or painting of building premises and/or installations. [General renovation works]|
|Category 3||Interior installation works, supply of fi ttings and repair of fi xed furniture/equipment in buildings [Fittings, furniture/equipment works]|
|Category 4||Supply and repair, revamping, or rehabilitation of electrical-mechanical installations in buildings and other public structures [Electrical/mechanical works]|
|Category 5||Water reticulation, sanitation, plumbing and drainage works associated with building works. [Plumbing works}|
|Category 6||Access road-works, driveways, car parking, fencing, landscaping and sculpture/artworks, [External works]|
4. Prequalifi cation will be conducted in accordance with the prequalifi cation procedures contained in the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003, and is open to all providers.
5. Interested eligible providers may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 8(a) from 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m.
6. The Prequalifi cation Documents in English may be purchased by interested providers on the submission of a written application to the address below at 8(a) and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of UShs. 20,000/= (Shillings Twenty Thousand only) for each document. The method of payment will be through a URA bank payment advice form. The document will be hand-picked by the applicants. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. Applications must be delivered to the address below at 8(b) at or before 5 June 2012, 11:00a.m. Late submissions shall be rejected. Applications will be opened in the presence of the providers’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 8(c) at 5 June 2012, 11:30a.m.
8. (a) Documents may be inspected at and will be issued from: Offi ce of the Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit, Ministry of Works and Transport, Plot 4/6 Airport Road, P.O. Box 10, Entebbe, Uganda Tel.: 256-414-320101-9; Fax: 256-414-321364
(b) Applications must be delivered to: Offi ce of the Head, Procurement and Disposal Unit, Ministry of Works and Transport, Plot 4/6 Airport Road, P.O. Box 10, Entebbe, Uganda Tel.: 256-414-320101-9; Fax: 256-414-321364
(c) Address of Bid Opening: Contracts Committee Conference Room, Ministry of Works and Transport, Plot 4/6 Airport Road, P.O.Box 10, Entebbe, Uganda Tel.: 256-414-320101-9; Fax: 256-414-321364
9. The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
|Publish prequalifi cation notice||30 April 2012|
|Closing date for applications||5 June 2012|
|Evaluation process||13 July 2012|
|Display of notice and communication of prequalifi cation results||27 July 2012|