By Reuben Olita
CECAFA president Farah Addo said on Wednesday he was not shaken by his two-year ban by FIFA, adding that life will be the same with or without his involvement in soccer activities.
In a dispatch from Cairo to his secretary, Nicholas Musonye in Nairobi, Addo, also a CAF vice-president, said he had taken his suspension as a man but was not sure whether he will appeal against the suspension.
The Somali national said he would still serve football in another capacity despite the ban.
The two-year ban effectively ends Addoâ€™s reign as CAF vice president and CECAFA president.
He, however, failed to indicate whether he was guilty of the circumstances surrounding his ban.
Addo was handed a two-year ban from soccer activity following comments he made against FIFA president Sepp Blatter last year citing "irregular financial practices that were intended to assist Blatterâ€™s election.â€
Kenya Football Federation yesterday welcomed Addoâ€™s ban with secretary Hussein Swaleh saying it was long overdue.
â€œThat is what we wanted to do on March 14 during the CECAFA congress in Nairobi. Our work has now been simplified,â€ he said.
â€œWe are waiting to endorse the FIFA decision. He never helped the regional soccer body especially his native Somalia where there is nothing to talk about.
â€œCECAFA had also been mismanaged during his tenure.â€
However, Musonye warned federations which were quick to back the FIFA move on Addo saying things might backfire on them.
â€œWe must have some courtesy and sympathy for the 64-year old man,â€ Musonye said.