Asian kids in kidnap

By Vision Reporter

The Anti-Terrorism Task force has arrested three men and recovered sh150m ransom for two Indian children kidnapped at the weekend.

By Grace Matsiko

The Anti-Terrorism Task force has arrested three men and recovered sh150m ransom for two Indian children kidnapped at the weekend.

The ransom in a sisal bag was recovered from a house in Nabutiti zone, Makindye, a city suburb, on Monday at 11:00pm, sources said.

The occupant of the house, Musa Mubiru, was arrested on charges of kidnap and extortion, the Police and the task force said yesterday.

Steven Wandera, an accountant with Dott Services, an Asian-owned construction firm, and the company driver, Nsubuga, were also arrested.

The kidnapped children, Sirisha Munnamgi, 8, and Say Rut Vik, 9, had been turned in by the abductors on Sunday after their father, Sitram Reddy, a Dott Services manager, paid the ransom.

The children were abandoned in Nateete, a day after they were kidnapped from Lugogo by-pass. “This has been a dramatic operation,” an officer said.

“Probably out of fear for the safety of the children, the parents decided to enter into negotiations with the kidnappers without involving security,” the source added.

Sources said a suspect revealed the whereabouts of the ransom.
“The kidnappers threatened the parents not to involve security. The parents also panicked and paid the ransom,” source added.

Asian kids in kidnap