By Herbert Ssempogo
A WOMAN and a boy suffocated when a fire broke out in their house in Kawempe, a city suburb.
The 4:00am accident in which Collin Mawuma, aged three and auntie, Deborah Namuyima, 26, perished occurred in Kiiza Zone.
Their bodies were found partially burnt in the one- room house they rented.
According to the Kawempe Police Station criminal investigations chief, David Opio, the duo went to bed on Sunday night after having supper.
However, they did not extiinguish a charcoal stove on which they had prepared their meal, Opio said.
The Police suspect that the duo suffocated when they inhaled poisonous gas from the stove.
Sparks from the stove, he said, fell onto a charcoal sack which caught fire instantly.
Namuyima was an employee of Delight, a Kawempe-based juice processing company.
Richard Esepi, Namuyimaâ€™s husband and a salesman with Delight, was away in Juba, Southern Sudan when the incident happened.