Police said the fire which started at around 1 am on Friday morning, could have been caused by an electric short circuit
Residents of Sikanusu Zone, Wobulenzi town in Luweero district woke to shocking scenes on Friday morning when they found a 34-year-old woman and her 12-year-old son burnt to ashes inside their house.
The Savanna Police regional spokesperson Paul Kangave identified the victims as Gladys Nabatanzi and her son Fahad Nsereko.
Kangave said Nabatanzi's two other children Naisha Nabagereka, 3, and Malahad Musiito, 5, survived with severe burns. They were admitted at Kiruddu Hospital in Kampala for treatment.
Kangave said the fire which started at around 1 am on Friday morning, could have been caused by an electric short circuit.
Residents gathered at the scene to have a glimpse of the remains which were burnt beyond recognition.
Kangave said the Police rushed to the scene after receiving information at around 1 am, but they could not the lives of the two victims’ lives.
A neighbour, Edward Sebwato, said he woke up in the middle of the night after hearing alarms outside and found the house in flames.