C ONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DETAILED FEASIBILITY STUDIES AND ENGINEERING DESIGN OF NINE (9) SMALL SCALE IRRIGATION SCHEMES IN EASTERN AND KARAMOJA REGIONS OF UGANDA PROCUREMENT REFERENCE NO: MWE/WSDF-E/CON/17-18/00014
The Ministry of Water & Environment- Water for Production Regional Center East has obtained funds for the procurement of Consultancy Services for Detailed Feasibility Studies and Engineering Design of Nine (9) Small Scale Irrigation Schemes in Eastern and Karamoja Regions of Uganda. The overall objective of the assignment is to carryout detailed feasibility studies and engineering design of nine (09) small scale irrigation schemes, prepare tender documents for construction works and develop operation manuals.
Specifically, the Consultant will be required to:
• Establish the existing and potential water demands for production purposes limited to crop irrigation.
• Make a thorough assessment of the water resources potential in the selected areas.
• Examine and evaluate the potential water sources identifi ed and any other possible alternatives.
• Identify the most appropriate technology option for developing the irrigation infrastructure.
• Undertake detailed feasibility studies and engineering design of the most appropriate small scale irrigation systems for the six districts and produce detailed bills of quantities, design reports and drawings.
• Identify and assess the impact of small scale irrigation schemes on production and productivity. Assess main production constraints and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure sustainability.
• Prepare designs and cost estimates for the identifi ed optimal uses for each of the proposed small scale irrigation scheme.
• Develop operation manual for the proposed small scale irrigation schemes.
• Evaluate current production levels and impact of the production after establishment of small scale irrigation infrastructure. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON THIS NOTICE