TOP
Sunday,August 18,2019 03:29 AM

Nabeta starts door-to-door campaigns

By Vision Reporter

Added 23rd February 2018 06:27 PM

The NRM team that includes village committees and the district executive moved from village to village visiting households in a bid to ensure victory for the party flag-bearer Nathan Igeme Nabeta.

Igemetalkingtohissupportersinwalukubawestonfridayduringhiscampaignsonfriday 703x422

The NRM team that includes village committees and the district executive moved from village to village visiting households in a bid to ensure victory for the party flag-bearer Nathan Igeme Nabeta.

PIC: Nabeta talking to his supporters in Walukuba West on Friday during his door-to-door campaigns on Friday. (Credit: Charles Okalebo)

By Charles Okalebo


JINJA - The National Resistance Movement (NRM) has opted for door-to-door campaign strategy in the ongoing campaigns for the bye-elections in Jinja East constituency.

The campaigns that attracted eight candidates kicked off on February 19, 2018 and elections will be held on March 15, 2018.

The NRM team that includes village committees and the district executive moved from village to village visiting households in a bid to ensure victory for the party flag-bearer Nathan Igeme Nabeta.

Nabeta was accompanied by the Butaleja resident district commission, Richard Gulume, Jinja NRM secretary William Kato Kaziba, Jinja district male youth councillor Muhamad Ntuyo, Walukuba/Masese division LC3 chairperson Zamzam Namakula and DP diehard, Musa Ssozi.

Ssozi, who defected from the Opposition to join rally behind Nabeta, revealed that the Opposition candidate and the independents in the race have no agenda of helping the low-income earners and to transform the slums of Kibugambata, Kikaramoja and Danida.

“How can someone fail to support a candidate who has Jinja East constituency at heart like Nabeta,” Sozi said.

Campaigning in Walukuba East ward on Friday, Nabeta advised the youth and women to desist from non-profitable things and turn their energies to hard work to earn livelihood for their families.

“If you re-elect me, I will embark on household income-generating projects and creating more jobs for the youth and lobbying for women groups,” he said.

Nabeta also assured the electorate of the safety of their land, saying the NRM Government will not amend the Land Act as it had been proposed some time back.

He added that President Yoweri Museveni also promised to construct three new markets in Jinja East, including that of Walukuba West, Napier and Walukuba East markets as a way of creating jobs in the area.

Nabeta’s 2016 election victory was nullified by the Court of Appeal in January over electoral malpractices.

Other candidates in the race include Forum for Democratic Change’s Paul Mwiru, who was area MP between 2012 and 2016, Christine Abuze (Independent), Faisal Mayemba (Independent), Francis Wakabi and Richard Nyanzi.

Related Articles

More From The Author

Related articles