One person, Edson Nasasira Kakuru, died while six others were seriously injured as the Police dispersed an FDC rally in Rukungiri.
All the six people who got injuries during the fracas in Rukungiri last week have been discharged.
A number of Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) protestors were injured by stones, bullets and teargas last week when they were dispersed at a rally in Rukungiri town.
One person, Edson Nasasira Kakuru, died during the fracas, while six others were seriously injured. They were rushed to Nyakibale Hospital.
Robert Tweyambe, an FDC supporter, said the victims were out of danger, except Robert Aryasingura, who may have to be referred to Mulago Hospital for specialised treatment because his intestines were affected.
Tweyambe refuted allegations that were circulating on different media platforms that another victim has passed on.
“Our members are out of danger. We hope that others will also be discharged,” he said.
He named those discharged on Tuesday as Junior Aijukire and Christopher Muhwezi.
FDC leader Dr. Kiiza Besigye and six others are in court today over the incident. They face murder charges.