A selfie is only a selfie if you are taking a photo of yourself.
Its a selfie time. Photo by Richard Sanya
A selfie is only a selfie if (surprise) you are taking a photo of yourself. A photo taken by your girlfriend or co-worker isn't a selfie.
So take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with your phone's buttons. The pros use the top volume button to take a picture instead of the actual camera button.
- Pay attention to good lighting.
- Use your phone's back camera.
- Don't use a mirror unless there's no other way to get the shot you want.
- Consider the background of your picture.
- Watch out for photo-bombers.
- Grab a few more people to be in the photo.