The deceased used a chemical that is used to kill mosquitoes
A mother and her son in Okeyo-mero village, Acoyo parish, Koro Sub County in Omoro district have died of suspected food poisoning.
The deceased were identified as Albinon Okot, 65, and Lucira Aketch, 85.
The tragic incident happened at around midday on Monday after Okot allegedly put poison in posho that was being prepared by his Aketch.
Opoka Lega-tek, the deceased brother said Okot had on several occasions threatened to take his life and that of his mother after he was abandoned by his wife.
According to Opoka, the deceased used a chemical that is used to kill mosquitoes.
Opoka noted that after eating the posho, Akech and her year-old grandson Felix Oloya were rushed to Gulu Regional Referral Hospital where she died at 5pm. Okot died on the spot.
Koro Sub County LC3 chairman Justine Odong who accompanied Police to the scene described the incident as unfortunate.
The criminal investigation officer at Koro Police Outpost took a sample of the food for further investigations.