Arua district health officer Dr. Patrick Anguzu has confirmed the outbreak of Cholera in Okollo sub-county in Arua district.
He told Arua One FM that a woman from Vuu village succumbed to the disease after ingesting "cold food".
Anguzu said other affected villages in the area include Awaa, Biajo and Panjoro.
"By yesterday, all those people who had been admitted had been discharged expect one."
He said they are yet to receive more information.
"We found that this outbreak occurred because of lack of observence of hygiene especially on Idd. People went for religious functions and some attended burials.
"This lady who died ate cold food in the morning and went for digging, then she developed diarrhoea. And when she was brought to a health facility, she was already so weak that we could not save her."
Tune in to 88.7 Arua One FM for more news from the north