1. The Government of Uganda has received a grant from the KfW Entwicklungsbank, Germany towards the cost of West
Nile Grid Extension Project and it is intended that part of the proceeds of the grant will be applied to eligible payment under the contract for the Grid Extension and Reinforcement of the West Nile Grid in the areas of Packwach, Angal, Parombo, Panyimur, Nyapea, Warr, Zeu, Oraba, Arua, Koboko,Youmbe and Zombo and various other load centres along the 33kV lines.
2. The Government of Uganda (GOU), represented by the Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd.(UEDCL) now invites sealed tenders from eligible Tenderers for the construction and completion of the works mainly the following:
• Three phase lines, 33kV, mounted on wooden poles, about 350km
• Replacement of 11kV network in Arua, about 20km
• LV networks equipped with aerial bundled conductors (ABC), about 210km
• Pole mounted substations (about 150) equipped with MV surge arresters and cut-out fuses on the 33kV side; low voltage distribution boards or pole mounted heavy duty fuses on the low voltage side
• New main 33kV substations with circuit breakers and protections at Hydro Power Plant Nyagak 1 and Heavy Fuel Operated Diesel Power Plant Arua
• Communication (voice and data), over the GSM network. Base stations with external antenna and the necessary interfaces and capture devices shall be installed in the two substations Arua and Nyagak.
3. Interested Tenderers may obtain further information and inspect and purchase the Tender documents, from the
4. The Complete set of tender documents may be purchased from the Offices indicated above upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 1,000 (One thousand USD or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
5. The tender documents may also be purchased and delivered via DHL courier services. If a Tenderer prefers this method of purchasing the Tender Document, he/she must pay in advance the cost for the Tender Document (USD 1,000) and cost for the DHL courier services (USD 300). The total amount of USD 1,300 must be transferred to the Bank Account of UEDCL.
The Tenderer should transmit proof of payment (including copy of Bank payment slip) and address for delivering the Tender Document to UEDCL in order to ship the Tender Document and as copy per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Tenders shall be valid for a period of 180 days after Tender opening and must be accompanied by a security deposit
(Tender Security Bond) amounting to 2% of his/her Tender amount or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency, and must be delivered to the Office of the Employer, whose address is indicated in item 3 above, on or before
27th February 2012 at 12.00 noon (local time).
Tenders will be opened in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives
who choose to attend on 27th February 2012 at 12.30pm (local time) at the Employer address indicated in 3 above.
7. A mandatory site visit shall be held on 7th – 9th February 2012 at 10.00am at West Nile Rural Electrification Co. Ltd,
Plot 14, Rhino Camp Road, P.O.Box 341-Arua, Uganda.
• The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follow
a. Publish bid notice 10th January 2012
b. Pre-bid meeting 7th February 2012
c. Bid closing Date 27th February 2012
d. Evaluation process 27th February – 16th March 2012
e. Display & communication of best evaluated bidder notice 21st March 2012f. Contract award and signature 31st March 2012
UEDCL IS NOT BOUND TO ACCEPT THE LOWEST BID OR ANY BID.
Government of Uganda
Grid Extension in West Nile Region, Uganda
UEDCL’s Contract Identification No. UEDCL/WORKS/2012/10802
Procurement Notice Office of the Employer Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd.
Head, Procurement & Disposal Unit
Nakasero Towers, Sixth Floor
Plot 37, Nakasero Road
P. O. Box 7390 Kampala, Uganda
Tel. No.: +256 312 – 330300
Fax No.: +256 414 – 255600