TOP

Child dies in house fire

By Vision Reporter

Added 27th December 2010 03:00 AM

A six-month-old baby was burnt to death in Nyankwazi village, Kichwamba sub-county in Kabarole district on Christmas Day as its parents left him in the house and went to a disco.

By Hope Mafaranga

A six-month-old baby was burnt to death in Nyankwazi village, Kichwamba sub-county in Kabarole district on Christmas Day as its parents left him in the house and went to a disco.

The district officer in charge of criminal investigations, Joseph Ssentamu, identified the deceased as Tumusime.

Sentamu said on Christmas Day, Steven Asimwe and his wife, Jane Night, left the baby and his two-year-old unidentified sister in the house and went for a disco at a nearby trading centre.

The couple left a candle burning inside the house, which the Police suspect could have caused the fire.

Sentamu said by the time the neighbours retrieved the babies, Tumusime was already dead. His sister was rushed to Fort Portal Hospital in a critical condition.

He said the Police had arrested the couple for negligence.



Child dies in house fire

Related Articles

More From The Author

Related articles