SEMBABULE-The town is facing a water and power shortage following the breakdown of pipes and a transformer. The town speaker, Elly Jumba, said over 700 people were affected by the water shortage, adding that water was now being ferried in trucks from Masaka. A 20-litre jerrycan of water, he said, now cost sh500-sh1,000. About the transformer, he said there was a stand-off between Umeme officials and the town residents, who rejected a replacement, saying it was inferior.
Fire burns Kasawo dorm
MUKONO-Property worth millions was reduced to ashes when fire gutted a studentâ€™s dormitory at Kasawo Senior Secondary School on Monday. Badru Sentongo, the headmaster, said the incident occurred at 4:30pm when students were in class. He dismissed claims that a short circuit caused the fire, saying the dorm lacked electrical connections. He added that 140 Senior One and Two students were sent home since they lost most of their belongings.
News in brief...