TOP

Mbarara Gets Health Centre

By Vision Reporter

Added 23rd March 2001 03:00 AM

THE management of Concern World-wide Organisation on tuesday endorsed an agreement with Mbarara district administration to construct a sh97m health unit, in Mbarara, reports Ebenezer Bifubyeka.

THE management of Concern World-wide Organisation on tuesday endorsed an agreement with Mbarara district administration to construct a sh97m health unit, in Mbarara, reports Ebenezer Bifubyeka. They will also build a maternity ward at Rugaaga at sh66m and train health workers in Mbarara. The function took place at the district headquarters, Kamukuzi. The health unit will be constructed at Endizi. Other logistics to be funded by this Irish organisation are training health workers, monitoring and supervision, which shall cost sh31m, making a total of sh97,988,827. The Senior Development Worker of Concern World-wide in Mbarara, Dan Takwesire Namanya, said construction has already began and it is expected to end in September. He said Concern world-wide organisation will fund 75% of the project and the remaining 25% (sh24.497m) shall be funded by Mbarara administration and the two sub-counties involved. The speaker of Mbarara district council, Dominic Katusiime Kashaki, thanked Concern World-wide for establishing a health unit nearer to the people. The signing was witnessed by the country director of Concern World-wide Uganda, Mark Allison and the Assistant CAO of Mbarara, Augustine Atwijukire Kagutiya. Meanwhile Police in Mbarara are investigating the manager of Standard Chartered Bank, Mr. Lule Ssemwanga, for allegedly locking a guard, Fatuma Kyomuhangyi inside a toilet for three hours for trespassing. Mbarara Police OC/CID, Jonathan Edoku said on Wednesday, Ssemwanga claimed it was a guard at the Bank who locked Kyomuhangyi in the toilet. But the victim said it was Ssemwanga locked her inside the toilet. Ends

Mbarara Gets Health Centre

Related Articles

More From The Author

Related articles