SIRâ€”I wish to make the following clarification on the letter â€œPilgrimages to Wandegeya for pension duesâ€ in The New Vision of September 13
SIRâ€”I wish to make the following clarification on the letter â€œPilgrimages to Wandegeya for pension duesâ€ in The New Vision of September 13 by Peter Ali Mâ€™omirio:
1. Public officers are required to apply for retirement six months before the due date, which application must be accepted by the pensions authority.
2. When accepted, the relevant papers are sent to the public service ministry. Retiring officers are also required to indicate their bank account in which pension must be paid.
3. If these steps are followed, making â€œpilgrimagesâ€ to Public Service is not necessary as a pensioner will have accessed the pension payroll.
4. Following the recent improvement of pension through all re-validation, all pensioners have been advised to open accounts in any bank nearest to them.
5. A pensions information manual is now in ministries and local governments to guide the handling of pensions.
6. All pensioners are once again advised that Public Service has established a complaints desk in room 11, block B.
W.A. Kabogoza Musoke
For Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Public Service
The procedure on pensions